Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you have questions about your oral health or your treatment recommendations? That is excellent, because you should ask questions about your health!
At Stanford Dental, we consider ourselves your partners, and we’re here to help you make the right decisions for your dental needs. We welcome any questions you have, and we’re happy to answer them.
We’ve gathered a list of some of the questions that we hear the most and provided the answers for you here. If you don’t see your question, we encourage you to call our office and talk with one of our knowledgeable staff members.
- Do you accept my dental insurance?
- How much is it going to cost?
- How long should my dental work last?
- Why do I need a crown instead of a filling?
- Do you make same-day appointments?
- I lost a filling. How do I know if it’s an emergency?
- How is root canal therapy performed?
- What's the difference between Six Month Smiles and traditional braces?
- Why do my gums bleed when I floss?
- How Often Should I See a Dentist?
- Am I a good candidate for Six Month Smiles?
- What kind of after-care is needed following a root canal?
- What type of toothpaste should I use?
- How can I prevent Periodontal Disease?