Although tooth hazards are common and can arise often at any time, it is still important to set up an effective tooth hazard prevention plan to ensure your smile is safe. As long as you take care of your smile as best as possible and clean your teeth and gums daily, you stand the best chance of oral health care success heading into the new year. Here are some tips to help you:
– Be careful when eating any starchy food such as potato chips, as bacteria and plaque can break down the ingredients into acids that can erode tooth enamel.
– Do not snack throughout the day or in between meals, as it can drastically increase your risk food can harm your teeth and gums.
– Exercise caution with sticky or chewy sweets such as the gummy candies, as they can stick to your teeth and gums long after consumption and drastically increase the rate at which tooth decay will occur.
– Sports drinks may give you the energy boost you require, but they’re also loaded with heaps of sugar that can severely damage your oral health.
– Never open any products or packaging with your teeth, as doing so can easily injure your teeth and gums.
– Stay away from sodas and similar fruit drinks that are loaded with sugar. Furthermore, sodas contain phosphoric and citrus acids which are known to eat away at your tooth enamel.
– Even though fruit juice may seem healthy, it is frequently loaded with numerous unhealthy ingredients including additional sugar.
No matter which tooth hazard treatments you select, the real importance is the oral health benefits it can give. If you would like Dr. James Stanford and our team at Stanford Dental to bring you in for a comprehensive exam to determine which treatment is right for you, please schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Ballwin, Missouri, by calling us at 636-256-3559.