With the latest advances in dental technology, Dr. James Stanford can now take a look at your teeth and your dental health with much more detail and precision. A panoramic X-ray gives our dentist the opportunity to take one full picture of your whole mouth and see instantly things that we could never see before.
There are many benefits to using panoramic X-rays in Ballwin, Missouri, including:
- Locating fractures of the teeth and/or jaws which cannot be so easily seen by viewing your teeth when you open your mouth
- Tracking and monitoring the development, positioning and eruption of primary teeth. This helps us see the development of your child’s baby teeth and permanent teeth at the same time.
- Providing a more comfortable experience as opposed to holding X-ray films inside your mouth.
- Detecting and diagnosing problematic conditions such as TMJ dysfunction, impacted wisdom teeth, bone or gum disease, oral cancer, nonmalignant tumors, oral trauma, osteoporosis for postmenopausal women, genetic abnormalities, developmental abnormalities (cleft palate), asymmetry of the oral and maxillofacial area
- Obtaining baseline data for long-term dental health
- Identification of the cause of facial pain
- Surveying sinus region
- Screening for stroke, osteitis deformans, hyperparathyroidism, and other systemic diseases
- Evaluation of dentures, dental implants, braces, and why dentures may be uncomfortable
- Identification of nerve sensation-paresthesia in lip, or hypersensitivity that could be caused by infectious osteomyelitis or a malignancy compressing a nerve.
- Greatly reduces the radiation exposure.
Please don’t hesitate to take full advantage of all of the benefits that panoramic X-rays can offer you. Give Stanford Dental a call at 636-256-3559 to schedule an appointment with us and to let us help you receive the full comprehensive exam that can make all the difference in your health and in your life.