To eradicate pain from oral health care treatments, medications can be used. However, some medications can cause side effects that will affect your smile. For more information about medications and oral health consider the following:
– Medications can be received either via prescription or via over-the-counter store-bought goods.
– Oral medications that are inhaled can lead to an infection known as oral candidiasis, also known as thrush. One successful treatment method for preventing thrush is to always wash out your mouth after inhaling any form of medication.
– One of the most regularly seen side effects of medications is dry mouth, which is a medical disorder that consists of a decreased amount of saliva in your mouth.
– Medications can play a significant role in your oral health, as there are many complications and side effects that can arise.
– Before using any form of medication, it is always a good idea to speak with your dentist first to determine if it will negatively change your oral health.
No matter the oral health care you desire, Dr. James Stanford and our team at Stanford Dental is here to give you the smile you want. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Ballwin, Missouri, please contact us at 636-256-3559 to speak with a member of our team. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!